F22 Gnome freezing on network change

Shawn Badger shawn at badger.pro
Fri Oct 16 15:23:16 UTC 2015

I have been searching this off and on for a while but haven't put a bunch
of time into it. On both my desktop and laptop Gnome will occasionally
freeze for a few seconds to minutes when the network is changed (VPN
disconnect or connect, wireless network change, unplug network cable).
Every time the keyboard and mouse remain functional as does the app that
has focus but I can not switch apps. On occasion the laptop will actually
freeze long enough (>10 minutes) that I just get tired of waiting for it
and have to do a hard shutdown.

Has anyone else seen this?

A little info on the computers i'm seeing this on:

Desktop
Asus desktop with a I5, 16GB memory and a 512GB SSD for the OS. Nvidia and
Virtual box proprietary kernel modules from RPM Fusion

Laptop
IBM T61 with 4gb and a 512GB SSD. Virtual box proprietary kernel module
from RPM Fusion

Thanks