dracut fails to build bootable initramfs on fc22

Alex mysqlstudent at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 14:51:05 UTC 2015

Hi,

I have a fc22 system that's been working fine and now for some reason
kernel updates result in an unbootable system. It appears to be
related to dracut failing to build a proper initramfs image.

I have a default initramfs from 4.0.4-300 that works fine, but using
dracut to build a new initramfs during a kernel update or building it
manually fails. Rebooting the system only makes it to "Reached target
Basic System" where it just stops.

I really have no idea how to proceed, so I'd really appreciate any
ideas for troubleshooting this further.

Thanks,
Alex