dracut fails to build bootable initramfs on fc22

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Wed Sep 9 15:17:57 UTC 2015

I have the same problem. All 4.1 kernels have broken on one particular machine (Dell Precision T7400 with a RAID1 configuration). At this point, I am just waiting for a 4.2 kernel to see if that will fix it. Otherwise, I guess I will have to reinstall.

Ranjan

On Wed, 9 Sep 2015 10:51:05 -0400 Alex <mysqlstudent at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a fc22 system that's been working fine and now for some reason
> kernel updates result in an unbootable system. It appears to be
> related to dracut failing to build a proper initramfs image.
>
> I have a default initramfs from 4.0.4-300 that works fine, but using
> dracut to build a new initramfs during a kernel update or building it
> manually fails. Rebooting the system only makes it to "Reached target
> Basic System" where it just stops.
>
> I really have no idea how to proceed, so I'd really appreciate any
> ideas for troubleshooting this further.
>
> Thanks,
> Alex
> --

Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be deleted on receipt. Please respond to the mailing list if appropriate. For those needing to send personal or professional e-mail, please use appropriate addresses.