devtmpfs on /dev type devtmpfs

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 06:38:41 UTC 2016

On 31 Mar 2016 21:24, "Paul Schroeder" <paul.schroeder at nimbix.net> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 2:17 PM, James Hogarth <james.hogarth at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> > You can boot with devtmpfs.mount=0 -- but I'm not sure what all will
>> > break. Probably "booting", to start.
>> >

>> There's quite a bit of context lost due to the OP providing almost no
information here compared to the equivalent mail he sent to the CentOS list.

>> Specifically he wants to run C7 under LXC and not have systemd-udev
populating /dev as the setup outside of LXC should handle that.

> Sorry, I didn't mean to cross post.  I was just looking for some general
information about devtmpfs here since it's not a Fedora issue exactly.

The kernel and systemd versions and packaging is important.

If you are trying something on CentOS that fails post there,  if you are
trying something on Fedora that fails post there.

There's as much relevance between them with topics like this as if you used
the Ubuntu lists.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Linux_Containers#Systemd_considerations_.28required.29

>> OP did you disable or mask the udev services? Also please don't cross
post lists.

> Thanks for the link.  I did disable the udev services, it didn't make a
difference.  The mount is still happening.

Precise language is important, did you disable or mask?