OT: Suspend/restore and USB devices

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 09:33:36 UTC 2016

This is possibly a hardware issue rather than a Fedora problem, but I
thought I'd bring it up anyway:

I have a Bluetooth mouse connected via a BT dongle. The dongle normally
sits on the back of my cpu case on the floor beneath my desk, but I've
noticed this often produces lag in mouse movement, presumably caused by
interference from the desk's metal frame (BTW it took me months to
figure this out). I bought a USB extension cable (cheap Amazon Basics
model) and now have the dongle sitting above the desk and the lag
problems have gone.

So far so good. However now when I suspend the system and try to
restart it, nothing will happen until I physically remove the dongle
from the extension cable. The screen will then come back to life and I
can plug the dongle in again to get the mouse working. This never
happened when the dongle was directly connected to the cpu.

Do I need to get a better cable? If not, what can I do?

poc