Firefox 44 removes privacy feature.

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Fri Feb 5 20:54:12 UTC 2016

On 02/04/16 21:42, Robin Laing wrote:

> I only see one that looks like it will give me Ask Me Every Time.
>
> Cookie Controller

.
this is true. if you want to make a selection every time you load a
site and change pages.

tried that some years ago with a diff add-on and soon tired of having
to click a choice.

such led me to use the java buttons with [C] (enable/disable cookies)
set to disable. when i do hit a site that "can not live with cookies",
i click [C] to enable. before i leave site and wanted to clear cookies,
i click 'cookie' icon to remove them and toggle [C] to turn back off.

along with doing online banking, i frequently use sites such as search
engines and sites that require joining and require that cookies be enabled.
over time, i have come to remember which sites need cookies for login.

when i use search sites, after entering search info and <enter> and list
page loads, i disable cookies and check hits, most of which i leave cookies
disabled, unless it is another "can not live with cookies".

something that amazes me is that with all the add-ons that have been
written for cookie handling, none have a feature that ties in to url
bar or bookmarks that will disable/enable cookies with out user having
to make selection.

--
peace out.

If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes...
 ...oh, wait. He does. THAT explains it!
-+-

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.7

tc,hago.