Dlink DWA192 Partially Supported in Kernel?

Stephen Morris samorris at netspace.net.au
Thu Feb 11 19:57:04 UTC 2016

Hi,

      I have just upgraded my usb wireless adapter from a Dlink DWA182
which was not supported by the kernel, which I'm told never will be
supported by the kernel, to a Dlink DWA192 which appears to be natively
supported by the kernel. The issue I have is that the network interface
only sees the 2.4GHz ssid it doesn't see the 5GHz ssid, is this intended
functionality, inadvertent or is support for the 5GHz band not
implemented yet? I'm currently using the 4.3.5-300 kernel.

regards,

Steve