how to tell where it booted from

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Feb 18 20:11:04 UTC 2016

Allegedly, on or about 17 February 2016, g sent:
> gone are the 'good old days' of boxes 4 and 5 5" drive bays where one
> could install install 3" drives in removable drive carriers and swap
> drives.

Yet computer cases are still ridiculously huge...

Most PC cases that I see on sale tend to be desktop towers, with an
array of internal bays.  And, thankfully, these days they face out
sideways, so you don't have to try and manoeuvre a drive out over the
top of the motherboard, between the cards, and through the cables.
--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

Boilerplate:  All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted, there is
no point trying to privately email me, I only get to see the messages