how to tell where it booted from

Andrew R Paterson andy.paterson at ntlworld.com
Thu Feb 18 21:36:26 UTC 2016

On Friday 19 Feb 2016 06:41:04 Tim wrote:
> Allegedly, on or about 17 February 2016, g sent:
> > gone are the 'good old days' of boxes 4 and 5 5" drive bays where one
> > could install install 3" drives in removable drive carriers and swap
> > drives.
>
> Yet computer cases are still ridiculously huge...
>
> Most PC cases that I see on sale tend to be desktop towers, with an
> array of internal bays.  And, thankfully, these days they face out
> sideways, so you don't have to try and manoeuvre a drive out over the
> top of the motherboard, between the cards, and through the cables.

I like it that way...
I have a gaming tower (coolermaster) - [but I dont play games!!] - with loads
of room - its on its third motherboard with room for water-cooling if
necessary.
My disks are easily removable and are in 2 enclosures 1 a single ORICO housing
the system disk the other an ORICO 3 drive slot 4 bay hdd internal enclosure.
I have a disk array in the 3 bay enclosure. I can swap out/upgrade disks with
ease.
The disks just slide in or out with ease - no case opening required.
I can change components this way and upgrade for many years with minimum fuss.
So far from "good old days" - I think this is the way to go if you want a
long-term evolving system.
Spend some dosh on the enclosure!!!