Openvpn Configuration/Access Issue

Stephen Morris samorris at netspace.net.au
Sun Feb 28 21:00:05 UTC 2016

On 29/02/16 07:51, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 02/28/2016 12:40 PM, Stephen Morris wrote:
>> Having set a security option that I think has gotten rid of the
>> certificate message, I think NetworkManager is trying to provide some
>> protection against server spoofing, albeit without a physical
>> certificate from the server is fairly limited.
>
> I don't want to be sarky, but I have to ask: how do you expect to get
> a physical certificate, and if you got one, how would it help in
> authenticating the service?  I'm fairly sure that everybody here knows
> what you meant, but I wanted to point out that what you wrote probably
> wasn't what you intended.
Sorry, it could be my lack of understanding, but where the TLS options
allow the specification of a keyfile and keyfile direction, that it was
requesting a certificate that is could use to compare against the
certificate served up by the server to validate that the server is who
it says it is?

regards,
Steve