Live image installation fails to recognize existing LVM volumes

Emmett Culley lst_manage at webengineer.com
Tue Jan 12 19:04:41 UTC 2016

I attempted to install the KDE live image for Fedora 23 and found that the installer would not recognize existing LVM logical volumes.

It the past (Fedora 21), I was able to select existing LVM volumes from the "unknown" list and cause the OS to be installed on existing LVM logical volumes.  Now, all I see in the "unknown" list four non-raid partitions, two of which were swap partitions.

Why doesn't the installer load the LVM volumes?

Emmett