rpmbuild : can't download source

Ding Yi Chen dchen at redhat.com
Tue Jan 19 23:46:15 UTC 2016

> >> The URL exists.
> >>
> >> --------------------------------
> >> [makerpm at poppy rpmbuild]$ rpmbuild -ba SPECS/R-intel.spec
> >> error: File /home/makerpm/rpmbuild/SOURCES/R-3.2.3.tar.gz: No such
> >> file or direct
> >>
> >> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >>
> >> Is there any reason why I can't download the source with this new user
> >> makerpm ? I must miss some settings.
> >
> > Could you please provide the spec file?
> > Upload it to some public sharing site.
> > Sure would like to see if the URL you provide is where the file is.
>
> Here is the spec file[0]
> I suspect like some kind of permission

perhaps you can try following command before the rpmbuild:

spectool -g -R SPECS/R-intel.spec

It looks pretty much like the downloaded file is not stored at  /home/makerpm/rpmbuild/SOURCES/R-3.2.3.tar.gz

--
Ding-Yi Chen
Software Engineer
Email: dchen at redhat.com

Red Hat, Asia-Pacific Pty Ltd
Level 1, 193 North Quay
Brisbane 4000
Office: +61 7 3514 8100
Fax: +61 7 3514 8199
Website: www.redhat.com

Red Hat, Inc.
Facebook: Red Hat APAC | Red Hat Japan | Red Hat Korea | JBoss APAC
Twitter: Red Hat APAC | Red Hat ANZ
LinkedIn: Red Hat APAC | JBoss APAC