Issues with install F23 MATE desktop

Franta Hanzlík franta at hanzlici.cz
Wed Jan 20 00:57:23 UTC 2016

On Tue, 8 Dec 2015 10:52:12 -0600
Chris Adams <linux at cmadams.net> wrote:

> I have a brand-new Dell Precision workstation, on which I'm trying to
> install Fedora 23 (with my preferred desktop environment, MATE), which
> is turning into the most frustrating Linux install I've experienced in a
> long time (and I've been using Linux since before Red Hat existed).

Same experience here. My usual practice is i686 installation on PC with
1-4 GB of RAM, netinst from local NFS repos via kickstart with number of
%include files, to SW md RAID (usually prepartitioned, but RAIDs are not
created), MATE or XFce desktop.
Doing it in this way is almost impossible for a large number of errors
in F23 installer; such problems I have never had.

I think it would be best to release correction netinst images still for
F23, to make the most of the errors were corrected in F24 already.
--
Franta Hanzlik