Monitor / graphics card recommendation

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 23:43:48 UTC 2016

Whenever possible I try to get a motherboard that supports
native Intel graphics since there is no proprietary
driver for Intel, so you can always rely on the Intel
driver working :-). (And you don't have the hassle
of pluging in a video card that might have noisy fans).

The latest Intel chips have support for natively driving
resolutions as high as the UHD (4k) monitors.

I'm currently sitting in front of a samsung 48" TV
which I also use as my computer monitor with a little
typing table for the keyboard so I can wheel it a
comfortable distance from the TV for computer use.
(This obviously works best if you are the only one
who uses the TV).