NFS URLs in Nautilus on Fedora 22 stopped working

Ranbir m3freak at thesandhufamily.ca
Tue Jan 26 14:00:31 UTC 2016

On Mon, 2016-01-25 at 21:22 +0000, Junk wrote:
> As an alternative you could install and start autofs server. Then in
> nautilus go to /net/servername/path/on/server

I actually use autofs for these NFS shares, but restarting the service
before didn't help: nautilus still complained. However, I've resolved
the problem. Read on....if you want. :/

You made me realize I hadn't actually tried to auto mount the NFS
shares from the terminal. I went to my auto mount location and I was
told there was no such file or directory. Then I remembered the last
time I was trying to auto mount the NFS shares I had to restart sssd (I
have auto mount configured in freeipa). Once I restarted sssd, the auto
mounts started working again, as well as my NFS bookmarks in Nautilus.
I've had them set up for so long I forgot they were actually
bookmarking the auto mount locations.

I think I need to document this so if it happens again I don't port
here and look stupid. :| Sorry for the noise!

Thanks to everyone for helping me out.

--
Ranbir