x2go alternative

Rick Stevens ricks at alldigital.com
Mon Mar 28 17:00:53 UTC 2016

On 03/27/2016 08:07 AM, Joseph L. Casale wrote:
> I haven't been able to make x2go work on Fedora with xfce from a windows
> wkst for several releases. Currently if anything requiring a gui needs to be run
> on the Fedora wkst remotely from a windows box I just ssh with x11 forwarding.
> The problem that remains is if I need access to the currently running console
> session on the Fedora wkst to access a running gui based application.
>
> What alternatives to x2go exist to permit this?

FreeNX (what x2go is based on), several VNC packages (RealVNC, VPNC,
TigerVNC), Remmina, TeamViewer, vinigre and others. Just google "remote
desktop linux" and have at it. A fairly good review of some of them:

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/software/applications/7-of-the-best-linux-remote-desktop-clients-716346
-   After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away   -
-                from the people who didn't do it.                   -
-                                         -- William S.Burroughs     -