[fedora-virt] Need Pointers for Setting up Virt Host + Guests

Frank Murphy frankly3d at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 20:19:01 UTC 2010

On 27/06/10 16:53, Ask Bjørn Hansen wrote:

> On Jun 27, 2010, at 12:52, Frank Murphy wrote:
>
>>> For best performance either use a raw partition on the host for each
>>> guest, or a raw image file. qcow2 is a fair bit slower.
>>>

>> Is 150gb HD space enough for a guest,
>
> "Is an Audi A4 fast enough?"

Gave up driving years ago, doesn't go with sleeping at the wheel.

> It's about 50x more than you'll need for a reasonable base install,

Cool, I can fit 3 guest at 100gb each,
overkill I know but hd's are cheap.

Final Question for now.

Can I set the guests up as a softraid raid1 + spare.
Is this something virt-manager could handle?.

--
Regards,

Frank Murphy
UTF_8 Encoded