[fedora-virt] Need Pointers for Setting up Virt Host + Guests

Jes Sorensen Jes.Sorensen at redhat.com
Mon Jun 28 06:42:44 UTC 2010

On 06/27/10 22:19, Frank Murphy wrote:
> Final Question for now.
>
> Can I set the guests up as a softraid raid1 + spare.
> Is this something virt-manager could handle?.

Mmmm, you'll have to elaborate on that one. What do you mean, as in
running the disk images as raid? You can do that by creating multiple
disk images and passing them on to a guest as multiple devices, then
setting up the raid in the guest. However for performance / security you
are better off running the raid on the host and just having image files
there. Unless you want it for testing purposes.

Cheers,
Jes