[fedora-virt] spice and ctrl keys to send to guest

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 10:09:11 UTC 2010

Hello,
I'm trying spice with a w2k3 guest.
I set up the emulator wrapper to change video adapter when starting the vm.
But with w2k3 I get a ctrl+alt+del window at boot...
How do I send the key?
>From virt-manager screen it doesn' work (I think expected as vnc is
not running...)
I saw something about a monitor command to add in startup command to
be able to send keys via tcp... but if I insert it into my wrapper I
get a duplicate error in startup:

in startup
    self._backend.create()
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 333, in create
    if ret == -1: raise libvirtError ('virDomainCreate() failed', dom=self)
libvirtError: internal error Process exited while reading console log
output: qemu-kvm: -monitor telnet:10.4.5.39:4444,server,nowait:
Duplicate ID 'monitor' for chardev
parse error: telnet:10.4.5.39:4444,server,nowait

In fact I see there is already  something like this in my command line:

-chardev socket,id=monitor,path=/var/lib/libvirt/qemu/w2k3.monitor,server,nowait
-mon chardev=monitor,mode=readline

Does this mean that the monitor is already enabled? In this case how
do I use it?
Any docs/hints?

Thanks in advance,
Gianluca