[fedora-virt] unable to run virt-manager as normal user

Emre Erenoglu erenoglu at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 09:59:17 UTC 2011

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 11:29 AM, Gianluca Cecchi
<gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
> besides the other problems (virt-manager icon and need to
> rename/symling qemu and qemu-system-x86_64 to qemu-kvm), it seems that

Hi Gianluca,

My mail is not about the problem you mentioned here, but the problem you
sent an email earlier on and referred here:
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/virt/2011-July/002763.html
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/virt/2011-July/002766.html

that libvirt can't find a good binary to run qemu with kvm. I have the same
problem in our distribution. I had to patch libvirt to make it work. I think
we need to report this to libvirt list.

http://svn.pardus.org.tr/pardus/2011/devel/hardware/virtualization/libvirt/files/pardus-qemu.patch

Emre