[fedora-virt] windows 7 guest and acpi/apic with virt-preview

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 15:11:14 UTC 2011

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 4:40 PM, Emre Erenoglu <erenoglu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Gianluca, what does the device manager of the virtual system show as your
> computer? Is it ACPI Multiprocessor PC?  Can you confirm if qemu enabled the
> ACPI support by default.
> --
> Emre

My guest is configured with one cpu and in device manager --> computer
it appears as:
ACPI x86-based PC

while in windows/system32/ the current hal.dll file is referred in properties as
details --> original filename: halmacpi.dll

I can see that in windows 7 there are only
halacpi.dll
halmacpi.dll

I don't know if this answers your question; let me know in case...
BTW: yesterday I updated to SP1

Gianluca