[fedora-virt] windows 7 guest and acpi/apic with virt-preview

Emre Erenoglu erenoglu at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 15:35:43 UTC 2011

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 7:11 PM, Gianluca Cecchi
<gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 4:40 PM, Emre Erenoglu <erenoglu at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Gianluca, what does the device manager of the virtual system show as your
> > computer? Is it ACPI Multiprocessor PC?  Can you confirm if qemu enabled
> the
> > ACPI support by default.
> > --
> > Emre
> >

> My guest is configured with one cpu and in device manager --> computer
> it appears as:
> ACPI x86-based PC

If it appears that it's ACPI PC, then you're done, ACPI is enabled, no need
to worry.

> while in windows/system32/ the current hal.dll file is referred in
> properties as
> details --> original filename: halmacpi.dll
>
> I can see that in windows 7 there are only
> halacpi.dll
> halmacpi.dll

I guess one is for single processor PC's and the other is for
multi-processor PC's. You don't need to worry about them.

I don't know if this answers your question; let me know in case...
> BTW: yesterday I updated to SP1

Best regards,
--
Emre