[fedora-virt] Spice client hates filling out tax forms!

Alon Levy alevy at redhat.com
Tue Apr 10 08:45:52 UTC 2012

On Mon, Apr 09, 2012 at 09:16:22PM -0400, Tom Horsley wrote:
> I'm running H&R block Tax Cut in a Windows XP virtual machine
> on my Fedora 16 desktop. I'm trying to see if it can import
> my W-2 form, so I type in my employer's ID number and click
> the search button, and "Poof!" the spice client window
> disappears instantly.
>
> The virtual machine is still running OK, and I can restart
> the spice client and TAB to the button and hit Enter.
>
> That works fine.
>
> I don't know what it is about clicking that one button
> in that one screen in that one program, but it sure
> upsets the spice client.
>
> I clicked zillions of other buttons while filling out
> my taxes with no issues at all, but that one is too much
> for it.

Hi,

 Thanks for the bug report and the interesting subject. Questions:
 which client are you using?
 how are you launching it?
 Is it segfaulting? you can check dmesg for that.
 If it is segfaulting, could you provide a stacktrace? maybe you are
 getting abrt notification about it?
 If not, then logging would help. This depends on which client you are
 running, so I'll wait for your answer about that.

Alon