[fedora-virt] Spice client hates filling out tax forms!

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 11:15:52 UTC 2012

On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 11:45:52 +0300
Alon Levy wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 09, 2012 at 09:16:22PM -0400, Tom Horsley wrote:
> > ...and "Poof!" the spice client window
> > disappears instantly.

>  Thanks for the bug report and the interesting subject. Questions:
>  which client are you using?

The stand alone /usr/bin/spicec

>  how are you launching it?

I just have a little script that extracts the spice port number
from virsh and feeds it to spicec on the command line.

>  Is it segfaulting? you can check dmesg for that.
>  If it is segfaulting, could you provide a stacktrace? maybe you are
>  getting abrt notification about it?

Tonight (EDT) I may have time to try downloading debuginfo
files and running it under debugger to see what I get. I'll
submit a bugzilla when I can gather more info. (And if
I can reliably reproduce the bug, though it did seem
pretty consistent on that one screen of the tax program).