[fedora-virt] Problem with mouse (cursor) in VM

Alon Levy alevy at redhat.com
Wed Sep 5 07:16:37 UTC 2012

> On 09/04/2012 04:06 AM, John W. Himpel wrote:
> > Good evening,
> > I am running  F18 inside a VM (KVM).  The base OS is a current F17.
> > am using the qxl video driver.  It seems the mouse driver is
> > confused
> > about the coordinates of the cursor as it continually attempts to
> > reduce
> > the application into the "Activities" mode (show the panel with the
> > applications drawn smaller).
> >
> > I also have a lot of problems with drag 'n drop.
> >
> > I'm unsure what component to use when filing an entry in bugzilla.
>
> The spice vdagent is probably the blame

I saw the same bug, there are "0,0" mouse events being produced. It isn't the spice agent - you can verify for yourself by killing it (killall spice-vdagent; killall spice-vdagentd).

You can see the bug with
xinput test 7 | grep "=0"
where 7 is the number of the usb tablet device from xinput list.

I'm trying to see if it happens with ps2 emulation only.