[fedora-virt] Windows clock synchronization

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 15:39:14 UTC 2013

On Wed, 03 Jul 2013 11:08:48 -0400
Cole Robinson wrote:

> > Any ideas? Is this a bug?
> >

> Possibly, please file a Fedora qemu bug and list all the info you've given here.

I certainly know that no virtual machine I've ever installed has been
able to keep time worth spit using any kind of emulated hardware.
(Some older ones are so bad networking goes down because the time
is so far off they forget to renew their DHCP lease).

Time never made sense till newer versions of linux got virtualized
clocks that actually knew they ought to get time from the host.

I don't suppose anyone is working on a special clock driver for
windows?

The vmware web site has lots of info about getting time in virt
machine to work better, and a lot of the advice worked for me to
make time a bit better under KVM as well.