[fedora-virt] Windows clock synchronization

Ján ONDREJ (SAL) ondrejj at salstar.sk
Mon Jun 24 18:18:41 UTC 2013

Hello,

  I have clock synchronization problems with Fedora 18/KVM host and windows
server guests.  Different 64bit windows servers, all has some time
synchronization problems.

  Some of them will slow down time until time difference is 60 seconds and
then clock is synchronizes from internet. But 60 seconds is a long time.
Kerberos authentication sometimes files due to time skew.

  Some machines will run OK day or two, but then clock stops. After some
hours clock is synchronized again and continues to work properly.
Curious, that during time is stopped, server works properly (except kerberos
authentications, which is very time sensitive.

  For example, attaching 2 graphs from 2 windows servers. They show time
difference measured by check_mk nagios plugin. 10k means 10000 seconds.

  How I should set clock/time/NTP on these guests?

  I have absolutelly no problems with Linux guests, they work perfectly.

			Thank you.
						SAL