[fedora-virt] Revert Snapshots - VM Definition won't revert

Cole Robinson crobinso at redhat.com
Wed Mar 26 15:24:33 UTC 2014

On 03/26/2014 09:52 AM, Jorge Fábregas wrote:
> On 03/26/2014 09:29 AM, Jorge Fábregas wrote:
>> Those UI changes you made in the details dialog will still remain (which is
>> counter-intuitive).
>
> I forgot to mention that, reverting to a snapshot & restoring its
> disk-sate, memory-state & *settings* as well, is the norm with the other
> tools around:  VMware vSphere/Workstation and VirtualBox as well.
>
> It would be great if virt-manager behaved like that as I think that's
> what the user expects.  In the end, it's a snapshot of the whole virtual
> machine (not just a snapshot of the virtual machine's disk & memory).

As mentioned in the other mail, libvirt should be doing that when the VM
starts as shutoff.

I guess we could support it for a running VM as well, but we'd need to fully
stop the VM first and restart a new qemu process. That's not how libvirt does
it currently, so it's restricted to only switching between snapshots with
idential hw config.

- Cole