[fedora-virt] defaults and image file names

Gene Czarcinski gczarcinski at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 16:18:02 UTC 2014

A number of defaults seem to have changed with virt-manager-1.1.0
including the number of CPUs, the amount of memory, the size for the
virtual disk  image, and the name of the virtual disk image file.

I am happy that the CPU and memory sizes increased and, fortunately,
they values chosen were the ones i was entering each time.  Also, the
size of the disk file image has increased to 20GB and this is a value I
am not happy with.  This is probably an RFE in which case I will BZ it,
but it should would be nice if, under preferences, I could specify the
numbers to be used as defaults for CPUs, memory size, and disk size.

An then there is the name used for the virtual disk file. Previously,
the name of the virtual system was used and it was pretty easy to
determine what image was associate with what virtual system.  Now, the
type and version of the installed OS is being used as the base name for
the image file.  Now, I have to use the storage connection details to
figure out usage.

Also, when I delete a system, I expect the associated disk image to be
deleted ... sometimes it is and sometimes it is not???

I believe that name stuff and deleton should be configurable!.

I am sure there are sound reasons why the changes were made but I am not
happy with all the changes.

Gene