CMS Decision

Elliot Lee sopwith at redhat.com
Mon Dec 5 20:57:23 UTC 2005

On Mon, 5 Dec 2005, seth vidal wrote:

> > Wikis don't have a way to build a hierarchy of pages, move branches
> > around, etc. I realize that MoinMoin does have categories, but I don't
> > know that they're hierarchical, and AFAIK there's no way to turn them into
> > a nice little sidebar with an expandable tree. These basic navigation
> > things may sound stupid, but they're important to web site usability.
>
> You mean like:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/CategoryExtras
>
> and
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/CategoryCategory
>
> and
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/CategoryDesktop
>

> like that?

I'm aware of those pages, but they are not hierarchical (putting a '/' in
page names does not add hierarchy support to MoinMoin). They also won't
show up on the sidebar of pages throughout the site.

Best,
-- Elliot
Unanswered questions in The Matrix: What happens if you take both the red
pill AND the blue pill?