CMS Decision

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Dec 6 17:09:17 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 09:37 -0500, Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Dec 2005, Karsten Wade wrote:
>
> > Very, very, very lightweight calendar, please.  I find that they full-
> > featured groupware-type stuff coming through a WUI ... is, uh ... not my
> > favorite way to do things.  I'd much rather a semi-readable, hand-edited
> > Wiki.
>
> Yep.  I see the calendars as simple, authoritative ics files.  One for all
> the meetings, one for events, one for release schedule for FC.  That's it.

Fine enough. :)

> > We really need something we can make PO files from, if we want to keep
> > content easily updated.  These can then be checked into CVS and pulled
> > out by the trans teams.
> >
> > Remember, they have existing tools, we do not.  We must make our tools
> > use their tools, from the start.  We can request an odd-ball, one-off
> > translation now and again, but not on a regular basis.
>
> So, what can we make PO files from?  Is the current f.r.c system in CVS
> good enough for this?

No.  xml2po is what we use for documentation, and the stuff in CVS is
far from that.

That said, if we have a regular $FORMAT the files are in, we could task
someone with writing or modifying a tool to create PO files from
whatever.

That said, it is probably better to do the site in XML, instead.

- Karsten
Content Services                          Fedora Documentation Project
http://www.redhat.com/docs   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject