"Default" spin of Fedora

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Wed Jun 11 21:23:24 UTC 2008

Basil Mohamed Gohar a écrit

> This is a bit of a challenge, because it seems that the official line
> for the target audience for Fedora is the "FOSS enthusiast", which
> might limit how "casual" we would expect our users to actually be.
> Paul emphasized that this doesn't mean we expect someone to be a
> kernel hacker, but I think the other extreme might also be excluded.
So what? Rome was not built in one day. Fedora won't be grandma-ready
tomorrow, but there's no reason to make trying Fedora harder than it
needs to be. Otherwise we should just kill this fluffy web stuff and
revert to publishing some files on a raw ftp server somewhere.

We don't want to follow Ubuntu and accept proprietary blobs or old
software versions just to appease impatient end-users. However that does
not mean we don't want to make the distribution as streamlined as
possible within the chosen Fedora parameters.