Accessing old releases

Sijis Aviles sijis at fedoraproject.org
Mon Aug 16 04:18:24 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 10:41 PM, Bob McKay <rimsnucse at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi; there seems to be a structure problem in the fedora download
> website.
> .It's easy to get the current release - nicely designed (thanks)
> .It's hard, but not impossible, to find out-of-support releases of
> fedora (currently,
>        this means up to F10). This requires following the links
>                All Download Methods
>                See old versions of Fedora
>                archive
>        from the main download page. I think this needs some fixing
>        ("See old versions of Fedora" should also be available from the
>        "View more Fedora options" page), but it's not to bad.
> .There is no link _at all_ that I can find to the supported-but-not-
> current
>        releases (i.e. Fedora 11 and 12 at the moment).

Bob,

I completely understand where you are coming from. Its definitely not
our intent to make it difficult to get to supported non-current
release. The best location to get them right now is at the mirrors
website[1]. We will look at options on how to make these release more
accessible for other individuals.

Thanks for your feedback,

Sijis

[1] - http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/publiclist/