PackageDB translation?

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 17:59:01 UTC 2010

On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 08:58:27PM -0600, Sijis Aviles wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 5:27 AM, Юрий Хабаров <madb00blik at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     Hello, websites team!
>
>     I'm a member of russian L10n team. Two days ago I finished translation
>     of PackageDB. Also I noticed, that PackageDB was translated in Polish
>     and Castillian too.
>
>     Where I can see another language versions of PackageDB?
>
>     Best regards,
>     Yuri Khabarov.
>     --
>

> Yuri,
>
> Hi. We don't control the stuff within PackageDB, however, i was poking around
> and these are the PO files in their repo [1]. I'm not sure exactly what their
> process is to enable new languages but there may be more details within their
> project wiki page [2].
>
> Thanks for taking the time translating PackageDB.
>
> Sijis
>
> [1] - http://bzr.fedorahosted.org/bzr/packagedb/fedora-packagedb-stable/files/
> head%3A/po/
> [2] - https://fedorahosted.org/packagedb/wiki

Hi Yuri, I'm sorry, I don't know of a way to put htis information onto the
packagedb page at the moment --

I was asked to put the packagedb into transifex to be translated but the
packagedb currently does not havethe code necessary to show translations in
the web interface.  This is one of the features that I've wanted to enable
for a long time but have never had the time to get around to.  I'm sorry for
that.  If you know anyone that would be interested in workign with the
python programming language, the TurboGears web framework, and translations,
I'd be glad to help them learn how to work on the packagedb in order to get
that working.

Thanks and apologies,
Toshio