boot.fedoraproject.org

Máirín Duffy mairin at linuxgrrl.com
Thu Feb 4 23:59:21 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-02-04 at 16:17 +0100, Adam Pribyl wrote:
> Well I've read the FAQ twice, but it is not obvious to me what this is. Do
> I understand correctly this is CD that downloads at the beginning the menu
> from net and then starts the usuall network install of selected system? Or
> does the menu entries start the pxeboot that loads an installation
> system from network as usuall pxe system boot? (Also it is not very
> obvious what to do with bfo.usb image..)

Yep I think that's about what it does. Okay.

So let's think about this for a sec:

- When we have users pick what arch / other flavor of Fedora they want
from the website, it makes them have to sift through more choices but
there's supporting material right there.

- If the users download the boot.fpo image and use that, we're shifting
that choice from the website to the boot.fpo image's menus. If I wanted
to install the x86 version of Fedora 12, how would i do that from here?