boot.fedoraproject.org

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 22:42:09 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 04, 2010 at 06:59:21PM -0500, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-02-04 at 16:17 +0100, Adam Pribyl wrote:
> > Well I've read the FAQ twice, but it is not obvious to me what this is. Do
> > I understand correctly this is CD that downloads at the beginning the menu
> > from net and then starts the usuall network install of selected system? Or
> > does the menu entries start the pxeboot that loads an installation
> > system from network as usuall pxe system boot? (Also it is not very
> > obvious what to do with bfo.usb image..)
>
> Yep I think that's about what it does. Okay.
>
> So let's think about this for a sec:
>
> - When we have users pick what arch / other flavor of Fedora they want
> from the website, it makes them have to sift through more choices but
> there's supporting material right there.

Just to make sure I understand what you wrote here... Do you mean
that, a user is sifting throught those choices on the "more choices"
page in get.fp.o, and therefore it's natural that a choice for the
boot.fp.o images be there too?  I'm not questioning that, just want to
make sure I understand what you wrote.

> - If the users download the boot.fpo image and use that, we're shifting
> that choice from the website to the boot.fpo image's menus. If I wanted
> to install the x86 version of Fedora 12, how would i do that from here?

After you boot the boot.fp.o ISO image, you can choose architecture
and release from the menu under the "Install" option.