Redirect needed?

Sijis Aviles sijis at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jun 8 23:22:11 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 9:34 PM, Ian MacGregor <ardchoille42 at gmail.com> wrote:
> The "Join Fedora" link on  http://fedoraproject.org   currently points
> to  http://fedoraproject.org/en/join-fedora  for me and that page is
> kinda bare. I feel this link should point to
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join  instead as this page looks much
> better and deals with the same thing. I think the sanest thing to do
> here is a redirect but other languages may have the same problem. Is
> there a better way to handle this? Suggestions or ideas?
> --
> Regards,
> Rev. Dr. Ian MacGregor
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Ardchoille42

The thing that comes to mind is to basically update it so that it does
mimic fp.o/wiki/Join page.
We could do things to make that page stand out. I'm sort of thinking
making fp.o/join-fedora a highlight/high-level page with pointing
links to the wiki for the dtails.

Something like
[image]
[brief description of role, hightlights], [link to wiki subsection]

Also... is join.fp.o suppose to go the wiki page? I can't recall
offhand if that's always been like that.

Sijis