Regarding CSS used in FedoraProject pages

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 13:26:55 UTC 2010

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 09:26:03PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 03/28/2010 09:20 PM, jose manimala wrote:
> > Hi anuj,
> >           Please be sure to read the logo use and the license
> > conditions. You cannot use the fedora logo for commercial projects.
> > The CSS can be used but not for commercial projects(I can be wrong)
> > but license again needs to be confirmed.  Better wait for more help
> > from someone who knows it better.
> >

> CSS can be used commercially under the CC-BY-SA license.

Correct, the CSS can be used commercially under that license.
However, the Fedora logotype and Infinity bubble mark are trademarks
and their use is governed by the trademark guidelines:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal:Trademark_guidelines

In general, you can't use the CSS and trademarks together anywhere
because it creates confusion for viewers about the ownership and
origin of the site.