Registering Fedora Kenya community

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 17:10:23 UTC 2010

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 1:02 AM, Charles W. Waweru
<cwaweru at systempartners.biz> wrote:

> Our organisation is interested in hosting the Fedora Kenya community and
> would also like to contribute to the Fedora development projects.

First off, welcome!

Secondly, I'm not sure what you mean by hosting the Fedora Kenya
community. Are you talking about a local community domain name (say
ke.fedoracommunity.org for example), or something else? If you're
talking about the domain name, then you should take a look at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Local_community_domains and make sure
that you meet all of the requirements there, and bring the request to
the advisory-board list (links are on that page). We (the Board)
generally like to see a site in operation prior to granting either a
subdomain or a trademark license (whichever applies). Feel free to let
me know if you have any questions or concerns!

-Jon