[fedora-websites] #347: "Download" button on https://getfedora.org/en/cloud/ doesn't call out possibility of direct launch

fedora-websites trac at fedorahosted.org
Wed Aug 19 19:44:51 UTC 2015

#347: "Download" button on https://getfedora.org/en/cloud/ doesn't call out
possibility of direct launch
-------------------------+------------------------
 Reporter:  mattdm       |       Owner:  webmaster
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
 Blocking:               |
-------------------------+------------------------

Comment (by robyduck):

 The goal of having a ''Download'' button on the main edition page is to
 redirect to the download page, where people will get informations about
 all available images. The Cloud edition specifically has a huge amount of
 images and we have actually three tabs to make things easier to
 understand. These tabs include EC2 links for Base images in the first tab
 and for Atomic images in the second tab.

 IMO it's not very useful to have a direct link to the EC2 images (it's
 also possible only for one set of images, Base or Atomic). End users won't
 have any explanation of what they get in the ''Download'' button and what
 in the ''Launch EC2'' button. They will have to browse in any case in the
 download page to discover which image fits their needs more. I feel this
 proposal is more targeted to experienced cloud users than to ''cloud
 newbies''. Finally the ''get-cloud'' main page is focused on the features,
 overloading it with download content is probably distracting.

 But if you feel nonetheless, we really need this button, do you have a
 preference of which set of images we should link to? Base or Atomic?

--
Ticket URL: <https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-websites/ticket/347#comment:1>
fedora-websites <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Websites>