[Fedora-xen] Re: Invalid file location given

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Wed Jan 9 01:20:14 UTC 2008

>>> http://localhost/XP
>>> http://localhost/XP/
>>> http://localhost/XP/VRMHFPP_EN.iso
>> and none of which Windows supports. Best learn to install Windows on
>> real hardware;-)
>>

> I don't understand?  Isn't it Linux Fedora that has to understand this
> part?  It's a Xen kernel in Fedora 8 that I'm running this on.

It's a Windows installer that's going to read the Windows files from the
install media.

Installing direct from the CD (or an ISO image) is fine.

Nothing will work though, unless you use full virtualisation.

If your CPU supports full virtualisation, then you can also use kvm, and
that's in the standard Fedora kernel.

-

Cheers
John