[Fedora-xen] add 2 lvm to guest with virt-manager

Augusto Castelan Carlson accarlson at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 13:39:08 UTC 2008

Hi!

I did some research in the archives and found one message
(https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-xen/2007-December/msg00019.html)
related with my doubt, but without answer that I repeat below.

"If, for example, a guest has separate /root, /boot, and swap do you
recommend as best practice a separate logical volume for each or do
you give just one logical volume to the guest for it to dice up into
the various types of file systems? Is there a significant performance
difference between these two solutions?"

If it is a good practice to separate logical volumes, how can I add 2
logical volume to be used by the guest?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Augusto