[Fedora-xen] add 2 lvm to guest with virt-manager

Mark Nielsen mnielsen at redhat.com
Fri Jan 11 13:46:17 UTC 2008

Are you trying to use 2 logical volumes to separate / and /boot inside
the VM, or present 2 logical volumes (which would show up as 2 separate
disks entirely, xvda and xvdb for instance) to the guest from domain-0?

If all you want to do is have 2 separate logvols for / and /boot, then
just present 1 logvol to the guest (which would show up inside the guest
as xvda). Then you just partition that like any other physical disk into
logical volumes (as many as you want, /, /boot, /var, /home, et cetera)

If you are trying to present 2 logvols to the VM itself, those will show
up as 2 separate disks inside the VM, as I mentioned (xvda, xvdb, or in
HVM sda, sdb, .. you get the idea) and I would wonder why you would want
to do that.

Mark