[Fedora-xen] add 2 lvm to guest with virt-manager

Augusto Castelan Carlson accarlson at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 14:05:39 UTC 2008

Hi!

> Are you trying to use 2 logical volumes to separate / and /boot inside
> the VM, or present 2 logical volumes (which would show up as 2 separate
> disks entirely, xvda and xvdb for instance) to the guest from domain-0?

I'm trying to present 2 logical volumes to the VM.

> If you are trying to present 2 logvols to the VM itself, those will show
> up as 2 separate disks inside the VM, as I mentioned (xvda, xvdb, or in
> HVM sda, sdb, .. you get the idea) and I would wonder why you would want
> to do that.

How can I present 2 logvols to the VM?

I proposed to my "boss" to present one logvols to the VM and then do
the partitioning inside the VM (xvda1 = /home, xvda2 = /groups,...),
but he wants to present 2 logvols, one to be used for /home and the
other for /groups...

Do you believe that is better to present only one logvols? If so,
please tell me, maybe a can convince him about use only one.

Thanks!

Regards,
Augusto