[Fedora-xen] add 2 lvm to guest with virt-manager

Dustin Henning Dustin.Henning at prd-inc.com
Fri Jan 11 14:24:08 UTC 2008

Augusto,
	What you present to the VM is virtual disks.  I believe what you
want to do is create one logical volume to the VM as a disk (xda), and then
partition that virtual disk using lvm (create a logical group and logical
volumes on that virtual disk).  With partitions, you can do that by fdisking
a partition and providing the partition as the virtual disk.  i.e.: fdisk
/dev/sdb3, partition as you would a disk, provide /dev/sdb3 as xvda.
However, I don't know if it is that simple with lvm.  Alternately, assuming
that you are using hvm, you would just provide your virtual disk (something
like sdb3 or something like loggroup01/logvol03 in the config) to the vm and
install/configure lvm on hda during setup.  If using paravirtualization, I
don't know whether or not you go through the full blown manual install
process, but if you do, it would be the very similar, you would just provide
your virtual disk (something like sdb3 or something like loggroup01/logvol03
in the config) to the vm and install/configure lvm on xvda during setup.  If
you don't go through the full blown manual setup when using pv, hopefully
someone else can tell you how you would configure lvm on the virtual disk.
	Dustin