[Fedora-xen] Vlan woes

Hanks, Dan dhanks at corp.untd.com
Sat Jan 12 01:51:06 UTC 2008

Hi folks,

I have a domU which needs to be able to service DHCP/tftpboot requests
for kickstarting boxes which live in multiple vlans. We also plan on
running several domUs alongside this one, each living within one of the
above vlans. (I assume this is possible?)

I've found and tried a number of suggested methods for setting up
multiple vlans within a domU, but to no success.

What is the recommended method of doing this? Do I set up all the vlans
in dom0, and somehow bridge them into corresponding vifs inside of domU?
I've tried to set up the dom0 where ifcfg-eth0 exists and is up, but has
no address configured, along with several ifcfg-eth0.NNN files to
configure addresses in each vlan. This works great for dom0, and I can
talk with hosts on the different vlans, but how do I map this into a
domU running on this dom0? Or is there a better way of going about this?

Thanks for any recommendations,

-- Dan