[Fedora-xen] CPU management

Augusto Castelan Carlson accarlson at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 11:00:41 UTC 2008

> There's too much nonsense here; since I wrote that I've been editing some xen
> domain configurations using vim, and I see one _can_ assign a particular
> domain to a particular CPU, and one can specify that a particular domain can
> use specific CPUs.
>
> Whether libvirt supports that's another matter. I've not noticed that it does.

I would like to be able to give, for example, 33% for dom1 and dom2
and 33% for dom0, but  I know that we can only work with VCPUs.

How can I assign a specif VCPU ou CPU do domU?

How CPU is Managend when I have one core only?

independently of having one o more VCPU/CPU, suppose that Dom0 is
idle, Dom1 is 80% CPU, and Dom2 is idle. Dom0 or Dom2 start to do some
processing, how the CPU is managed?

If there is 4 VCPU, 2 for dom0 and 1 dom1 and the other for dom2?

I hope that you can understand my doubt :-D

Thanks!

Regards,

Augusto