[Fedora-xen] management of this list

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Sun Jan 27 02:24:37 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jan 27, 2008 at 08:36:41AM +0900, John Summerfield wrote:
> there are some things I don't like about the way this list is implemented, the
> key one being that it's set to default to sending replies off-list.
>
> My preferred email clients (Thunderbird and Seamonkey) do not have any means
> of sending replies only to the list, so I find myself sometimes sending
> replies I intend for the list, off-list.
>
> Worse, I miss replies to some of my queries; I've seen replies in the archives
> that haven't made it to me.
>
> I have visited https://www.redhat.com/mailman/options/fedora-xen and
> turned "Avoid duplicate copies of messages" off, but still miss replies.
>
> The whole issue would be solved, both for incoming and outgoing email, if the
> default list behaviour was changed to send replies to the list; this is
> appropriate for a discussion such as this.

I'm not going to get into this discussion again, other than to refer
you to the previous thread

  http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-xen/2007-May/msg00021.html

To quote Markus

 "This just replaces one set of problems with a different set of
  arguably worse problems, shifting the annoyance from one set of people
  (which includes John) to another set (which includes me)."

So no, it won't be changing.

Dan.