[Fedora-xen] management of this list

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Tue Jan 29 03:18:00 UTC 2008

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:

> I'm not going to get into this discussion again, other than to refer
> you to the previous thread
>
>   http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-xen/2007-May/msg00021.html

That's one reply I did not see. I have seen the article it links to, and
I don't agree with some of its basic assumptions.

> To quote Markus
>
>  "This just replaces one set of problems with a different set of
>   arguably worse problems, shifting the annoyance from one set of people
>   (which includes John) to another set (which includes me)."
>
> So no, it won't be changing.

If all email clients shipped by RH and Fedora were "reasonable mailers"
as assumed by Chip, I really wouldn't care so much.

I could almost cope if the version of mailman Red Hat's using would
gaily send me so-called duplicates, but it won't. I've checked my
configuration.

Whatever _I_ do, I miss replies others make. If you, Dan, choose "group
reply" or "reply to all,"[1] I often don't get it. I've never seen value
in off-list replies, except for very rare cases where, maybe
highlighting someone's ignorance might embarrass them, but they need to
be put straight.

I for one would be happy if my email address never went to email lists;
the fact it does is the reason I need to apply antispam to this domain.

[1] I don't see the point of those wrt _this_ list. Mutt users might try
L to reply to the list.

--

Cheers
John