[Fedora-xen] Re: problem installing 64 bit domU

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Tue Jan 29 23:42:48 UTC 2008

Augusto Castelan Carlson wrote:
> Some corrections about my problem:
>
>> When I try to install the domU using virt-manager, it hangs when I
>> click the first next button after anaconda installer started. The
>> button stays pressed an nothing happens.
>
> When I install without kickstart it hangs in the "next" button,
> independent of using virt-manager or virt-install.
>
>> When I try to install the domU using virt-install, it gives a black
>> screen after starting anaconda installer.

You really do not have enough RAM; I think the minimum for F8 is 512 Mbytes.

Since xen and KVM both require real RAM, and since F8 generally doesn't
perform all that well in 512 Mbytes I suggest you add a bit.

My F8 test box has 2 Gbytes, and I'm contemplating removing half that
and adding a pair of 2 Gbyte sticks.

--

Cheers
John